Popping for a Purpose is a community outreach program offered by The Popcorn Bag designed to provide non-profit organizations, clubs, and schools in the region a unique and popular local product for fundraising. The Popcorn Bag offers a 40% profit margin, competitive with national companies. We are proud to support local educational and not-for-profit organizations through these Popping for a Purpose partnerships.
The most popular format for fundraising with The Popcorn Bag is through direct sales by your members, to the community. Your members will take orders and collect payments; a master order will be turned in to The Popcorn Bag, and The Popcorn Bag will produce your order quickly (typically a few days), which will then be picked up from The Popcorn Bag and delivered by your organization.
We are happy to arrange a consultation with you to decide which flavors you'll use for your fundraiser. Custom colors, flavors, and/or labels that resonate with your organization are also available.
The steps are simple:
1. We will help you select start and end dates for sales.
2. We will help you select flavors for your campaign and design your menu and order form. We will include your organizational logo/branding etc and include a synopsis of what the profits will support (a short description of "the cause").
3. Your organization will take orders and collect payments. Your organization will tally and consolidate the master order (form provided) and submit order and payment to The Popcorn Bag.
4. We will fill the order for you to pick up on an agreed upon date. (Most orders can be turned around in just a few days to a week.)
5. Your organization sorts and distributes orders to your members for delivery. We ask that all deliveries be made within 3 days of order pick-up if at all possible. While the shortest shelf life is approximately 14 days, we want to make sure that your customers have every opportunity to eat their popcorn at their chosen pace.